From families to school districts to lawmakers, across the nation we are navigating how to operate virtually with students learning at home. With summer break upon us, ensuring students are ready for a strong start of school in the face of the unknown is also a priority now. During these unprecedented times, educators and families must be true allies in education to ensure all students succeed and all families feel supported. At Flamboyan we believe that practicing REAL Family Engagement has never been more important. Read on for a curated list of trusted Resources and Reads for ideas, guidance, and tools to support meaningful family engagement now and moving forward.
- A list of resources for DC families from Parents Amplifying Voices in Education (PAVE).
- A growing list of resources from PTHV to support home visit practitioners as they navigate social distancing and stay-at-home orders.
- Survey questions developed by TNTP to give school system leaders regular updates on how key stakeholders are experiencing the shift to at-home learning.
- A video from New America with strategies to engage families and support youngsters, dual language learners, and those living in under-resourced communities.
- Tips and resources for helping parents cope with kids at home – written by parents! – from EdNavigator.
- A checklist for building relationships with students during COVID-19, especially secondary students, from the Search Institute.
- EDSOURCE: Why distance learning is a success in one California district
- THE EQUITY LAB: Let’s Not Go Back to the Way Things Were
- THE HECHINGER REPORT: A coronavirus case study: What has happened when campuses shut down for other disasters?
- THE 74 MILLION: Despite ‘COVID Slide’ Concerns, Most Educators Oppose Extending Upcoming School Year to Stave Off Negative Effects
- THE 74 MILLION : A collection of opinion pieces from students
This page will be updated on an ongoing basis. Have a resource and/or read you’d like to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.